CASEWARE IDEA: The trusted data analysis software
Whether you’re an auditor, accountant or finance professional, data analysis is a challenge. Compiling information from numerous sources and in a wide array of formats is time consuming, and increases the risk of errors. Luckily there’s CaseWare IDEA®, a comprehensive, powerful and easy-to-use data analysis tool that quickly analyzes 100% of your data, guarantees data integrity and speeds your analysis, paving the way to faster, more effective audits.
What CASEWARE IDEA can do for you
- Import all of your records including spreadsheets, and exported data from databases, accounting programs, ERP systems and T&E applications in formats such as PDFs, plain text (.txt), print-report (.prn), ODBC and SAP.
- Protect the integrity of your data by allowing read-only access to your source data.
- Access 100+ common audit functions including Benford’s Law, Fuzzy Duplicate, Gap Detection, Summarization, Stratification, Sampling and more.
- Discover and Visualize your data to create charts and field statistics so you can quickly visually pinpoint patterns, trends and outliers.
- Record every step of your analysis so you have a clear audit trail and can repeat the process for future analyses.
- Offer additional resources through our Passport gateway including IDEA add-ons, webinars, IDEAScript Vault, forums, Support Portal and more.
Pre-built Routines. Smarter Analysis.
IDEA SmartAnalyzer is a collection of queries and tasks that can be used on every audit engagement to improve audit quality and consistency. IDEA SmartAnalyzer offers an extensive set of routines for the analysis of general ledger, accounts receivable, inventory, fixed assets and accounts payable transactions.
Easy to Use, Easy to Implement
Analyse SAP Data
SAP® is an extremely efficient, potent and multi-faceted enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution. However, business process and application controls can deteriorate over time due to change in regulations, business practices or employee attrition, and as such, this ever changing landscape can present unforeseen risks. The ongoing analysis of core data systems can prevent threats and address risks at an early stage.
The extraction of SAP data is simplified allowing for easy review and analysis. SmartExporter resolves many common issues associated with transferring SAP data outside of the software’s environment such as security, data capacity and timing of data downloads. Once you configure the data request by defining the tables, fields and filters, you can save it as a favorite and reuse in the future.
The data request is not generated in SAP®, but on your local hard-drive or enterprise server. Data requests are scheduled for immediate download or for a specific time during off-peak business hours and saved for repeat use. Output formats include IMD (IDEA), CSV, Access, TXT, AIS, and files formatted according to the default data structure.
Safe and Secure
SmartExporter is compatible with existing SAP® access privileges. Therefore, the SAP tables for which you do not have access rights within the ERP, will not be accessible through this solution. The original SAP® data cannot be edited as the SmartExporter solution produces read-only content. All actions can be traced at any time, as they are recorded by a unique ID. This ensures maximum transparency.