Data Analytics Consultant – AML and Fraud Specialization
We’re one of the fastest-emerging companies in this growing space, and are known for developing the most advanced and comprehensive technology for combatting financial crime. As a Data Analytics Consultant (DA) you will be responsible for assisting our clients across the globe in identifying and overcoming the modern-day money laundering and fraud epidemic. Perpetrators of fraud are becoming increasingly sophisticated and continue to quickly adapt to new prevention and detection techniques.
You will work with our clients using dedicated service offerings, assets and our expertise to provide effective and holistic financial crime management solutions. As a DA Consultant you will implement anti-money laundering (AML) and fraud consulting services to deliver the best value to our clients.
You are a motivated problem solver and an ambitious analytics professional who can contribute to our continuously growing and diverse team that is focused on using current and developing future innovative financial crime solutions to solve complex issues.
- Bringing deep data manipulation, integration and visualization skills to maximize the utility of data insights, with a strong focus on high-quality, on-time project delivery
- An ability to foresee problems and navigate around them
- Deep technical skills, with a proven ability to pick up and work with analytics tools such as RapidMiner and Python
- Communication and translation of analytics models and results to non-technical audiences, in both verbal and written formats
- Works with business analysts, technical resources and end users to ensure advanced analytics and data mining solutions address identified business requirements
- Develops and maintains an understanding of relevant information content
- Designs and manages data mining and statistical capabilities
- Helps business users select appropriate analytics and data mining capabilities
- Contributes to development of analytic end-user training, documentation and support
- Troubleshoots analytics and data mining code and tunes for performance
- Advise on investigative fraudulent and potential money laundering analytics best practices across the client’s business lines
- Handle AML compliance monitoring and training recommendations
- Deliver AML and fraud solutions that include, but are not limited to Due Diligence, Sanctions Screening, Transaction Screening, KYC and Anomaly Detection
- Preparation of client communications documentation for review by senior management
- Presentation of results to clients
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from an accredited college/university in statistics, mathematics, information science or related field
- Master’s degree an asset
- 2+ years of experience working with statistical models, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and data mining
- 2+ years of experience working with visualization analytics and mining technologies
- 2+ years delivering AML analytics solutions
- Extensive experience working with RapidMiner, Python, CaseWare, etc. data environment
- Extensive experience in a business information analysis or similar business related position that involves analysis, problem solving, planning, coordinating and organizing
- Strong analytical skills with emphasis on pattern recognition
- Knowledge of AML requirements and systems in local and overseas jurisdictions
- Ability to comprehend the importance of confidential and privileged information
- A proven track record in the development and implementation of data analytical projects, models and solutions
- Extensive experience developing, monitoring compliance to AML requirements
- Professional certifications, such as CAMS, CFE and CPA a distinct advantage
- General knowledge of compliance requirements for financial institutions
- Knowledge of business domains
- Ability to balance theory and practical reality
- Must work effectively in team-based organization with fluid functions and demanding users
- Ability to understand business information needs and to analyze data requests
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills - ability to convey technology and business value propositions to non-technical audiences
- Good listening skills & communication skills, and an ability to ask questions and probe to uncover issues
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and priorities based on the requirements of the project
- Prior consulting experience an advantage
Who We Are
CaseWare Analytics is a global software company providing solutions for data analysis and continuous controls monitoring. We are committed to being a company of the highest integrity and to ensuring our teams are driven to develop awesome products and achieve measurable results. But you won’t be on your own: at CaseWare Analytics you will work on entrepreneurial teams that support and mentor each other in order to perform at their very best. We also offer training opportunities so you can diversify and explore your interests while taking your skills to the next level.
Think you’re up to the challenge of being Data Analytics Consultant at CaseWare Analytics? Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch if we think you’d be a great fit, too.
This position is located in Ottawa, Canada.